Click into 'Manage Spaces' and select a space.
To be flexible enough to support many different scenarios, conditions are created to implement deny behaviour. That is, Skedda will allow bookings by default.
What is a condition? Here are some examples of popular booking conditions:
- "We want to enforce a maximum booking time of two hours on Saturdays after 5pm"
- "We always require that bookings are strictly one hour in duration"
- "We require that bookings are in strict two-hour blocks, starting only at 10am, 12am, 2pm, 4pm, or 6pm"
- "We want to prevent users tagged with Members from booking on Sundays before 2pm"
How to create a booking condition
Under the booking conditions area, click on '+ Add condition'. Select a booking condition template. There are 6 to choose from, designed to get you started!
Use the ‘Copy conditions from’ feature if a space should have the identical conditions to another.
By default a condition will apply to all times of the week, however, you can edit the conditions by day, time of the week, duration and user tags.
Test out your conditions
Test out your conditions by using our three simple testing options: How to test out my space conditions.
Additional tips and information
- Booking conditions do not apply to Admins. Admins can book at anytime and for anyone, irrespective of your settings, hours of availability and booking conditions.
- The time granularity / time increment of your scheduler will affect booking conditions. For example, if you have set the time granularity / time increment to 30 minutes, then conditions will be defined by 30 minute increments too. You can change the time granularity/time increment under Venue Settings > Basics.
- Booking conditions are applied in addition to your venue's Hours of Availability and Booking Window settings. That is, even if your booking conditions are such that a user isn't denied booking at a particular time, they might still be unable to book if doing so would violate your 'Hours of Availability' or 'Booking Window' settings. The user will always see an informative message in such cases.
Do you have a complex booking condition setup? We’re ready to help, send over the details and we can take a look!