Why we process your venue and personal data
Skedda processes your venue and personal data for the following purposes:
- Setting up your personal and venue account
- Managing your personal and venue account
- Contacting you regarding relevant matters associated with your personal or venue account
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of our services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent/illegal
- To process your inquiries and otherwise deliver customer service
- To process venue subscription payments for our services
- To communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers
- To analyze trends, administer or optimize our offerings, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around our offerings) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole
Venue and personal data collected by Skedda
Skedda collects the following personal data for venue administrators: name, email address, telephone number and optionally an organization name.
We also collect, at a venue level: venue contact details, time-zone information, payment API information (if applicable), venue hours of availability, information about bookable spaces and credit card details (for paid subscribers).
This information is required to setup your account, manage your account subscription and contact you regarding relevant matters associated with your account.
Skedda may also process data about your computing device such as IP address, browser type, and (for users of our service through a mobile device) Unique Device Identifier, operating system, application version and latitude/longitude. These data are typically non-identifying or anonymised, but may nevertheless be considered personal data either by themselves or when combined.
Venue administrator / user duality
From time to time, we may use third party service providers as data processors for the purposes specified above. Processing by these third parties takes place under our instruction. These parties are bound by data processing agreements and confidentiality agreements.
We may share and disclose your venue administrator details and information to a government or investigative authority if required by law (or any regulation having the force of law), legal process, criminal investigation, court order or subpoena. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection and prosecution of criminal acts.
In accordance with data protection laws, strict security procedures are observed within Skedda to prevent personal and venue data misuse and unauthorized access.
In order to protect and safeguard the personal data and venue data provided to us, we have implemented and use appropriate business systems and procedures. Furthermore, we have implemented and use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using personal and venue information. Only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information for performing their duties with respect to our services.
Payment Gateway API Data Protection
Skedda protects venue payment gateway private keys on multiple levels. The security measures include but are not limited to:
- The payment gateway API private key will never been shown in Skedda after the information has been submitted.
- SSL encryption is used to transfer the API information to the Skedda application servers.
- The API information is encrypted (along with all other information) in the Skedda database.
Credit Card Information
Raw credit card information does not make contact with the servers on which Skedda is hosted. All communication of credit card information is done with payment gateways over an industry-standard SSL connection. Neither Skedda nor its subscribing venues are able to gain access to unmasked credit card data and can only interact with the payment gateway through a token-based system. The security pages of our payment providers offer additional details: Stripe.
Control over your venue details and data
You always have the right to review the venue and personal data you have stored with us. This information can be viewed in the Venue Profile and User Profile section of your account. You can edit all items listed here.
If you wish for any reason to remove your venue account, this can be done from within the Venue Profile section of the application.
Changes to this statement
We are at all times entitled to change the way we collect, transmit and process personal data and such other information as we may deem necessary. This statement may therefore be amended from time to time in order to reflect the latest changes.