Calendar syncing is available for the venue and for each individual user to pull booking information into an external calendar (Outlook, Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, etc.).
1. Venue-level iCal feeds enable admins to pull all venue booking information into an external calendars.
2. User-level iCal feeds enable each user to subscribe to and pull just their own bookings from Skedda into their external calendars.
Venue-level iCal Setup
The venue-level iCal feed link can be found under the Venue settings > Integrations area.
The exact steps will vary per client application (Outlook, Google Calendar, etc.) and version, however they generally are:
- Copy the link using the clipboard button
- Paste the link into the external calendar's settings area for adding a calendar. This setting area will be called something like 'Add by URL', 'Add external calendar' or 'Add calendar from internet'
In Google Calendar:
Once added your external calendar will automatically fetch updated booking information from Skedda periodically. Note that as most external calendars aren't designed to understand many of Skedda's concepts (booking conditions, minimum advance notice periods, cancellation policies, dependencies between spaces, pricing conditions etc.), the sync is a one-way, read-only feed (from Skedda to the external calendar).
If you need some additional help with setting this up for your calendar type, try googling "How to add an iCalendar link to Outlook / Google / Apple", or reach out with your questions and we'll be able to guide you through!
2. User-level iCal feeds enable each user to subscribe to and pull just their own bookings from Skedda into their external calendars (Outlook, Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, etc.).
Users can find their personal iCal feed link in their My Profile area. Each link is unique, private and secured with a key (the key can be regenerated if required):
Setting this up is the same, they must copy the link and paste it into their calendar settings area for adding an external calendar / calendar from the Internet. We provide some helpful information to your customers under the 'more info' button in the Personal Calendar Feed area.
Do you have some questions on iCalendar syncing? Reach us in the in-app chat with your questions!